Bouygues Energies & Services Solutions - Bootle, Liverpool
Bouygues Energies & Services has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Assistant to join our FM team providing maintenance to our client, Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service. This is a mobile role covering various locations across Merseyside which is managed from our Bootle Helpdesk. Company van provided. Working hours are 8am-4.30pm, Mon-Fri. Please note there will be a requirement to participate in overtime work from time to time as necessary to meet the requirements of the service.
- Reporting to the M&E Supervisor
- To respond promptly and efficiently to breakdowns
- To integrate and communicate effectively with contractors and electrical, mechanical and building services staff
- Basic fabric handy person skills required
- Work alone with minimum supervision or within a team to carry out routine maintenance, repair, and cleaning activity across the estate
- Carry out works in line with requests sent via PDA/mobile devices (CAFM system)
- Be responsible for monthly lift safety checks as required
- Required to carry out L8 monthly water tap temperature monitoring including low usage and servicing of thermostatic mixing valves
- To carry out general duties including support by manual labour for relocations and moves, tidying and cleaning Estates areas and Plant rooms.
- Responsible for checking all lift comms, refuge points, disabled alarms and deaf alerters
- Requirement to attend training programmes as necessary to meet contract requirements and for self-development purposes.
- Working hours are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8am – 4.30pm with 1 hour unpaid lunch break plus participation in the on call rota
- Experience in a similar role and current driving licence are essential as company vehicle will be provided to travel between sites as per needs of the service
- Good customer care and people skills
- Able to work unsupervised
- Basic Handyman skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures
- Able to obtain Merseyside Police level III clearance (CRB)
In return, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package, including training opportunities.
Our benefits package includes:
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company share scheme
- 2 paid volunteering days a year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Employee assistance programme
Why Bouygues E&S Solutions?
Bouygues Energies & Services Solutions (BYES) is an international business operating in over 25 countries and employing over 13,500 people. The company is part of the Bouygues Group – a global brand employing over 130,000 people in 80 countries within the construction, engineering, civil works, energy services, telecommunications, and media sectors.
In the UK, Bouygues Energies & Services is a leading provider of facilities management (FM), energy services, highways, and complex engineering solutions across the public and private sectors.
Bouygues E&S Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We place a strong emphasis on continual development, both professional and interpersonal. Currently over 2% of the Company’s payroll is spent on Learning and Development activities. We have our own international and local training centres, delivering technical and management courses.
Bouygues Construction UK was awarded the Top Employers United Kingdom and Top Employers Europe certification. We are also proud to have been awarded Investors in People Gold, which demonstrates our commitment to our people.
Here at Bouygues we value the creativity and innovation that our diverse workforce brings, encouraging people from all backgrounds, particularly those from underrepresented communities to apply. By joining us, you will be inspired to bring your full self to the workplace, speak up and share your unique ideas. You will also have an opportunity to join our employee led diversity & inclusion communities such as WeLink (women network), Encompass (LGBTQ+), Kaleidoscope (BAME), Disability and Wellness peer support network, Parents and Carers network.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We value your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal details. If you choose to apply for this role, please do not include any sensitive data on your CV which reveals (directly or indirectly); your race or ethnic origins, your political, philosophical or religious opinions, or your membership of a trade union, your social security number, or information which relates to your health or sexual orientation or to any criminal convictions.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
Pension, Company van, company shares